Thursday, July 16, 2009

pizza and swimming and sports

On Sunday, Mitch and I went to the first service, because I started taking Starting Point this week. And Mitch is going with me, which is really sweet of him, since he's already a member. We were in Eric Sheffer's group, and Robin Boisvert talked about Servanthood and Stewardship. I thought it was really good, and I'm excited about the next 8 weeks.

Afterwards, we went to Ledo's with Charles and Emily. It was great to catch up with them over pizza, and talk about our wedding plans, and our lives.



Then Mitch and I went to Nike park to talk and then swimming in the pool at his apt. complex. While we were swimming, we talked about doing some sort of sport together, and I said I wanted to roller-blade! So we walked over to Target, found some roller-blades, and attempted to ride back. This was my very first time ever on roller-blades, and I really have no balance or athletic coordination at all. Mitch, of course, is really good at everything, so he was teaching me. We were getting it pretty good, when we came upon this small hill. But small hills on roller-blades turn into big hills, especially when you don't know how to stop. Mitch did his best to stop me, but I was going really fast. So we crashed.. but he saved me from getting really hurt by breaking my fall with his knee. I only got one scrape on my elbow and a sore tailbone. Mitch got a decent bruise on his knee, and scratched up the palms of his hands. But it was my first time, and I only fell once. I loved it though, and I can't wait to learn how to use them (and the brakes) so we can actually go out and use them. We're thinking of riding around DC and going by the Potomac River.




Any other suggestions of flat, paved places with no hills and people for us to go roller-blading?

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW I kept my pair for a reason!
    I don't recommend DC actually ... way too many people and hills, and the mall area is more like stone than side walk. so def NOT fun to blade on. Will have to think about good places to go though!

    And aren't you a member at your church? I thought TRC Members could just transfer in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) we'll all have to go one time, when I can actually do it without holding on to every single car in the parking lot.

    And technically I'm not a member. I didn't ever schedule my interview because I started going to CLC and knew I wanted to be here instead.

    ReplyDelete