Friday, July 10, 2009

"No, sir. I'm not a terrorist"

The other day Mitch and I went to the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the Montgomery County Judicial Center to get our marriage license. (You can get one up to 6 months before your wedding). We weren't sure what time they closed, so around 4:15 I called to ask. We were driving up 355 and were like 10 minutes away when we found out they closed at 4:30. Ah!
And of course, we hit like every single red light. lol
So we pulled at 4:28 and Mitch dropped me off so he could park the car and I could get in there before they closed. I ran full speed up the stairs and into the building. The secured government building. With metal detectors and security guards.. the whole thing. Except for I didn't quite realize all this until 2 or 3 security guards immediately notice me running, with my bag tucked under my arm.. "Ma'am!!, Ma'am!!" they all yell. Whoops! lol
Anyways, I was so determined to get the license that day, I just sorta tossed them my purse and tried to continue on. However, the man needed me to get my phone and camera out of the bag so they could run it through the scanner, and they needed me to walk thru the metal detectors. I sorta dumped everything out , handed him my phone/camera, gathered everything else and jogged to the License Department. (I explained my rush to the guards, and then they told me to hurry up, because they knew it was closing). All in all, a truly funny experience. Word to the wise: Never go running into a secured government building. Always walk, it makes you look way less suspicious. ;)
I stepped in the door and the man behind the desk says "You have 30 seconds.." After many explanations of why he didn't have enough time to do it now, or asking his co-workers if he should, I eventually begged him to please just enter our info., Mitch can just walk in and sign his name, and we'll be on our way. Took me a few times, but he eventually said he would (after he learned that I live 2 hours away from MC and it would be "so impossible for us to come back at another time"...). lol
Anyways, Mitch thinks this whole story his hilarious, but we're so happy we actually got the license and we don't need to go back again.

2 comments:

  1. Histerical! When Ryan and I went the most eventful thing was hiding his pocketknife outside in the bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You kids are too funny! Haha, I can totally imagine you doing all this too!
    Wish I could have been there to see it though...
    bet the security guards loved it. =)

    ReplyDelete